Italy offers the opportunity to register a branch office as an alternative to establish an Italian company in order to run a business in Italy .
LDP has specialized in the setting up of new businesses in Italy since 1993. Our advice helps you to get a quick roll out and includes Italian branch registration, our firm provides a full range of professional services such as: tax compliance, accounting, reporting, corporate finance, legal services. We also offer the setting up of a reporting package, preparation of contracts of employment and transfer price compliance.
This is the most correct way to do business in Italy.
LDP Branch Office Services:
- drafting of board of directors minutes;
- arranging Public Notary procedures and certified translations;
- obtaining of VAT and Tax numbers;
- registering the branch;
- setting up bank accounts;
- providing branch domicile.
What are the main features of a branch in Italy?
- a branch is allowed to run the same type of business as a limited company;
- the foreign parent is responsible for all liabilities of Italian branch;
- only a Legal Representative is required, who does not need to be Italian or Italian resident;
- there is no share capital obbligation;
- accounts must be kept;
- return and vat (annual) forms must be filed annually;
- the profit should be transferred;
- there are generally no restrictions on foreign shareholders.
What is the rate of corporate tax in Italy?
Italian tax law requires companies to pay corporate tax known as IRES, at the rate of 27,5% and regional Tax known as IRAP ( in Lombardy)- at 3.9% (both rate correct as of June 2016)
Who is Italy’s Trade Register?
The institution in charge of company registration in Italy is the Register of Enterprises of Italy, regulated by the Chamber of Commerce. Its main scope is to register different legal structures storing information into databases which are tly accessible to the public.
What is the VAT rate in Italy?
In Italy, VAT is applied to almost all goods and services, as well as import from outside the European Union. The general rate of VAT (IVA) in Italy is 22%. In some cases, the VAT is reduced to 4% or 10%.
LDP Tax & Law is a tax & law firm established in 1993 offering a full range of professional services for multinational companies doing business in Italy. These services include company formation in Italy, accounting system setting up, bookkeeping, tax and vat compliance financial reporting packs (IFRS, US GAAP, Italian GAAP), preparation of employment contracts, payroll management, transfer pricing documentation, corporate finance, legal advice, audit, immigration. and more. Our services allow our clients to focus on developing their businesses in Italy saving time and money. Our One-point-of-Contact business model effectively and efficiently matches your requirements with tailor-made solutions, saving you valuable time and resources. LDP will support you every step of the way in doing business in Italy.