EXPIRY OF THE ANNUAL COMMUNICATION FOR STRENUOUS JOBS
The annual communication with reference to the previous year (2019) for monitoring strenuous jobs must be sent by 31st March.
Indeed, personnel assigned to particularly strenuous and heavy tasks are entitled to access early retirement and, regarding this work, the employer is obliged to communicate it to the (Labour Inspectorate) ITL and to the competent welfare institutions.
- particularly strenuous work (article 2, Labour Ministry Decree of 19th May 1999), like:
working in tunnels, quarries or mines – all the tasks carried out underground by assigned workers prevalently and continuously;
works in pressurised caissons;
works carried out by deep-sea divers;
works carried out at high temperatures;
hollow glass processing;
works carried out in confined spaces – prevalently and continuously, particularly ship building, repairing and maintenance and tasks carried out continually in confined spaces, like cavities, manholes, double bottoms, on board or of large structure blocks;
asbestos removal works;
- night works (article 1 of Legislative Decree 66/2003);
- works carried out by personnel assigned to the so-called chain line (article 1 (1), letter c), Legislative Decree 67/2011 and listed in annex 1 of the same decree):
confectionary products, drinks additives and other foods;
processing and transforming synthetic resins and thermoplastic and thermosetting polymeric materials; production of finished items, etc.;
industrial and domestic use sewing machines and fusing machines;
motor vehicle and trailer construction;
thermal appliances: steam production, heating, cooling, conditioning;
household electrical appliances;
other instruments and devices;
making items of clothing and accessories, etc. with fabrics;
making footwear in any material, also limited to individual stages of the production cycle;
- drivers of vehicles, with a capacity of no less than 9 seats, used for collective public transport (article 1 (1), letter d), Legislative Decree 67/2011).
In order to comply, it is necessary to to apply for accreditation with the system and fill out the online form LAV_US available on Cliclavoro, that the system will then make available to the competent authorities.
If you use the browser Internet Explorer 11 or a more recent version, you are recommended to activate compatibility mode before filling out the communication.
The accreditation procedure is the following:
- fill out the on line form with your data and send it (the printable receipt of the completed application will be sent by email to the address indicated in the “Contact” field of the form);
- the labour ministry will send a documentation request email to the same address (in the event of the email not being received, a support request must be sent through the URP on line platform);
- send a signed copy of the identity document of the person requesting accreditation (employer or authorised subject) to the fax number indicated in the email.
After receiving the credentials, you can access the system and fill in the LAV_US form, which provides an archive of all the forms sent.
The communications through the LAV_US form are of different kinds:
- start of chain work;
- strenuous labour Ministerial Decree 1999;
- strenuous night-time labour;
- strenuous chain work;
- strenuous work drivers.
In the section of the form “List of the production units in which the activity is carried out”, it asks to enter an approximate number of workers employed in the activities, amongst which any temporary workers must also be included.
In the event of any mass production or “chain line” (repeated and constant activities of the same work cycle, numeric control of the production lines, etc.) production processes, the performance of the works must be communicated within thirty days from the beginning of the activity. The administrative penalty for failing to communicate ranges from 500 euros to 1,500 euros.
In the event of night-time works (carried out continually or included in regular periodical shifts), failure to make the annual communication foresees an administrative penalty of between 500 euros and 1,500 euros. In order to fulfil the envisaged obligations, for each employee it is necessary to indicate the number of night-time work days performed.
The website Cliclavoro contains a quick guide to filling out the form.
The office remains at your disposal for any further clarification.
De Carlo Arianna – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Payroll Department